Judy's D&G restaurant in St Joseph, Missouri which opened just before the end of World War II is to be sold.
Whilst the building and equipment is to be sold on 20th August, a second auction will take place on 22nd to sell off the items which decorated it. The auction is open to internet and telephone bidders.
The largest part of the collection is breweriana, especially relating to the M K Goetz company which was located in St Joseph: a pair of rare Jerry's Smile self-framed tin signs from 1902, both in good shape and some M K Goetz calendars from 1915 are on offer, as well as a host of paper, tin, porcelain and cardboard signs.
Amongst the eclectic mix of other items there are also some pieces of boxing memorabilia and vintage movie stills in with the candy boxes and petrol signs.The restaurant was founded by brothers-in-law Julius 'Judy' Glaser and Isy Daynoski in August 1945. Most of the items were brought in by Bessie Glaser - Julius's wife with contributions from Pam and Pete Miner who later bought the business.