Bonhams' annual summer sale at Quail Lodge is famous for its offering of racing and sports cars, from the likes of Bugatti, Alfa Romeo and Talbot Lago to Jaguar, Aston Martin and Ferrari.
Now in its 13th year, Bonhams' auction, which will be held during the legendary Monterey Peninsula Car Week, will once again mainly feature legendary and historic sporting cars.
The 1967 2-liter Porsche Type 910 Endurance Racing Works Coupe
Among them are a number of significant Porsches from the collection of Michael Amalfitano, including:
- 1967 Porsche 910 Works Prototype Coupe, ex-Mitter/Bianchi Nurburgring 1000km
- 1970 Porsche Type 917 Interserie Spyder, ex-Hailwood/Hobbs Le Mans 24 Hours
- 1975 Porsche Carrera RSR
- 1988 Porsche 962 Group C Works Prototype
- 1991 Porsche 964 Carrera 4 Lightweight.
These historic automobiles will appear alongside a wealth of other Porsche-related items, such as bodywork for a 908/02 Flounder and a Type 917K, injection pumps, steering racks, transmissions, windscreens, wheels... and even a 1950 Porsche Diesel Standard J Tractor.
The 1972-73 Porsche 917 Interserie Spyder née 1970 Gulf-JWA
Aside from the Michael Amalfitano collection, there will be a number of other world-renowned competition cars appearing in the sale:
- 1932 Lucenti Special, ex-Herb Ardinger Indianapolis 500
- 1961 Abarth 1000 GT Bialbero, ex-McLaren Team Cunningham Sebring 3 Hours
- 1963 Jaguar E-Type Competition Roadster
- 1967 FIAT Abarth TC/R
- 1971 Lotus Type 69 Formula Ford
- Sports cars on offer include:
- 1937 BMW 328
- 1953 Jaguar XK120 Roadster
- 1958 Jaguar XK150 Roadster
- 1959 Austin-Healey 3000 MkI
- 1990 Ferrari F40.
These and many more automobiles from all eras - among them tourers, sedans, convertibles and coupes - will be auctioned on August 12-13 at Quail Lodge in Carmel Valley, California.
With the deadline closing soon, collectors interested in consigning a car or collection of cars to this prominent sale can find more information at Bonhams' website.
- Learn how you can get pleasure and profit from classic and vintage automobiles
- Click here for all the latest Classic Cars news
Join our readers in 186 countries around the world - sign up for your free weekly Collectibles Newsletter today