Great growth Bordeaux fine wines star in Edward Roberts' online sale
The 1988 Chateau Petrus and vintages from 1975-1986 will be among the auctioned highlights
Chicago, US-based auction house Edward Roberts is holding another online sale of rare and investment grade fine wines on September 12.
Promising several superb collections, highlights will include a nice range of great growth Bordeaux with 1975, 1978, 1979, 1981, 1986 (en Magnum) and the 1988 Chateau Petrus.
The 1970 Chateau Latour, 1982 Chateaux Cos D'Estournel (en Double Magnum), Ducru-Beaucaillou, Lafite-Rothschild, Latour, Margaux, Mouton-Rothschild and Grand-Puy-Lacoste will also be going under the hammer.
Elsewhere, other desirable claret from the 1983, 1986, 1989, 1990 and 1995 vintages will appear for sale, and a noteworthy selection of recent vintage large format bottlings.
Fine Burgundy offerings will include a 1985 Drouhin Musigny and 1993 Rousseau Chambertin Clos de Beze.
And Rhone lovers will not want to miss the particularly nice offering of Guigal single vineyard Cote Rotie.
California selections will include cult wines from Screaming Eagle, Sine Qua Non and Bryant; as well as some highly rated classics and artisanal Pinot Noir.
Last, but certainly not least, Australia is well represented with multiple case lots of acclaimed 1999-2002 Penfolds Grange.
- Learn how you can get pleasure and profit by investing in fine wines
- Click here for all the latest Wine, Whisky and Spirits news
Join our readers in 191 countries around the world - sign up for your free weekly Collectibles Newsletter today
Recent and related articles...
· Dalmore 50 year old goes down a treat at McTears' Whisky sale | 19 August 2010
The fine dram well respected for its 'faultless finish' starred at the Glasgow auction
· Robert Parker favourite Château Lafite 1996 leads rare wines sale | 16 August 2010
The great 'chocolatey, oaky depth' of the vintage is available at McTears' auction, today
· Bordeaux 2007 Vintages continue to be popular in Asia's fine wine markets | 14 August 2010
Analyst Liv-Ex has reported increasing prices for fine wine brands that are popular in Asia
· 'Memorable' Dalmore 50 year old leads Scotch whisky sale | 12 August 2010
McTears is holding another auction of rare and collectible drams this month
· Fine wines offer investors a refreshing taste of high profit returns | 10 August 2010
A Spanish investment company sees a 9% profit in just six months, by investing in fine wines
Images: Edward Roberts