$37,000 diamond solitaire ring is set to rule in Denmark, this week
An 8.90 carat diamond solitaire from 1950 is expected to star at Bruun Rasmussen's auction
A diamond solitaire ring is the leading attraction at a forthcoming jewellery auction in Denmark.
Bruun Rasmussen's international auction of jewellery and watches on March 3 has plenty of beautiful items to admire and is sure to interest collectors and investors.
The pick of the lots is undoubtedly 434, a brilliant cut diamond solitaire ring from 1950. The yellow cut diamond weighs approximately 8.90 carats and is mounted in yellow and white gold. It has SI1 clarity and includes the original case.
It has a DKK200,000 (US$36,800) top end estimate although bids could go much higher, such is the expected clamour for this piece.
Many savvy buyers are turning to alternative investments such as jewellery and watches to round out their portfolios. Those in the know are sure to be interested in another leading specimen of the auction, a diamond solitaire ring set with a rectangular brilliant-cut yellow diamond. This 5.19 carat 2007 piece is mounted in 18 karat white gold and has a high end estimate of DKK75,000.
Bruun Rasmussen is one of Denmark's oldest auction houses, having been established in Copenhagen in 1948.
- Click here to view our jewellery stock for sale
- Learn how you can get pleasure and profit by investing in jewellery
- Read all the latest Watches & Jewellery and Unique items news
Recent and related articles…
· Family Froment‐Meurice's $250,000 jewellery ensemble sells in Hong Kong | 25 February 2011
Far Eastern coins, world coins, medals and banknotes will be auctioned by Baldwin's in the spring
· Fancy that... Why rare diamond jewellery is an investor's best friend | 23 February 2011
A $250,000 ring sits alongside some very affordable pieces - and could encourage long-term investors
· Stone the crows! Cartier $32,000 diamond ring could shine at Fellows | 21 February 2011
Diamonds look like a rock solid investment - and, in March, you can get involved
· $17,000 emerald earrings could set passions aflame in Rome | 18 February 2011
Next week's Bloomsbury Auctions event in Italy's capital includes these seven-carat earrings
· Revealing Canada's most expensive diamond: the $2.8m Ekati Spirit | 18 February 2011
A 78-carat diamond found in northern Canada last year is now the country's most expensive diamond
Image: Bruun Rasmussen