Spectacular '$25,000' art deco ring should sparkle at Morphy Auctions
This 14 karat art deco ring will be among the highlights at next week’s huge ring and bracelet sale
A 14K art deco ring is the highlight of next week's huge ring and bracelet auction
A top-tier private collection of gold, platinum and precious-gem jewellery amassed over several decades will be featured in a single-session, no-reserve speciality auction at Morphy's gallery on February 26, 2011.
The collection - whose consignors previously owned fine jewellery stores in Florida - consists primarily of superior-quality estate jewellery selected "with a sophisticated eye over a number of years," according to Dr John Morphy, director of acquisitions and appraisals for Morphy's.
"This is not retail stock; this was the consignors' own collection, which they kept in a safe. Approximately half of it is vintage, and there are some truly spectacular pieces," he added.
Around 80% of the collection is gold and 5% platinum.
Hundreds of diamond rings and bracelets will be offered, with many of the rings featuring large solitaires of outstanding clarity and quality.
One of the top rings in the sale is a 14K white gold art deco design with a 3.04-carat centre diamond surrounded by an additional array of diamonds weighing 1.02 carats. The ring is accompanied by its original jeweller's papers and is estimated at $15,000-$25,000.
Sapphires and diamonds have always been an especially compatible jewellery duo. The collection includes a 14K white gold ring boasting a 4.37-carat deep-blue oval sapphire with 0.36 carats of diamonds, estimated at $4,000-$8,000, and an elegant channel-set with 14.62 carats of sapphires and 5.28 carats of diamonds, estimate $8,000-$15,000.
The event is sure to attract many collectors with an eye for a good investment.
- Click here to view our jewellery stock for sale
- Learn how you can get pleasure and profit by investing in jewellery
- Read all the latest Watches & Jewellery and Unique items news
Recent and related articles…
· Could this 78-carat jewel be Canada's most expensive diamond? | 15 February 2011
The Ekati Spirit was sold yesterday in Belgium - but its auction result remains a mystery
· 'It's So Easy...' - to find pleasure and profit in rocker Slash's memorabilia | 15 February 2011
Guitars, clothes and jewellery worn by the former Guns 'N' Roses legend is for sale in Beverly Hills
· $35,000 antique diamond bracelet leads Fellows' Jewellery sale, this week | 14 February 2011
The auction will also star a rare 18 karat gold Rolex lady's Oyster Perpetual Datejust timepiece
· Online collectibles sale offers a tonne of fun for silver surfers | 12 February 2011
An internet auction today will see a treasure trove of silver go under the hammer
· $31,700 diamond ring turns heads at Bonhams' jewellery auction | 11 February 2011
A 5.11 carat marquise-cut diamond ring was the lead item in this London auction, on Wednesday
Image: Morphy Auctions