Revealing Vacheron Constantin's rare $400,000 'Quarter Millennium' wristwatch
This 'extremely rare and important' Saint Gervais No 55 is a star lot at Antiquorum, next month
Antiquorum Auctioneers' December 8 auction will be held in New York City, and promises an impressive collection of 356 modern and vintage watches.
Highlights in the sale include an extremely rare Vacheron Constantin watch, the "Saint Gervais", No 55, originally made to mark the Quarter Millennium of Vacheron Constantin in 2005.
The timepiece is an extremely rare and important, water-resistant platinum wristwatch with 250-hour autonomy and power reserve indication in two sectors. Other features on the wristwatch include a visible one-minute tourbillon regulator, perpetual calendar and leap year indication.
According to Antiquorum, the watch will be sold accompanied by its original fitted box with humidor, Certificate of Origin, slide-out magnifying glass (engraved "1755 - 2005, the Maltese Cross, Vacheron Constantin, Un Quart de Millenaire"), a setting pin and an instruction booklet.
The Vacheron Constantin "Saint Gervais" and its full kit will appear with a $300,000-400,000 pre-sale estimate.
For collectors looking to get up-close to the prospective lots, auction previews are being held in Tokyo, Osaka, Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong, Los Angeles and New York.
- Learn how you can get pleasure and profit from the world's finest watches
- Click here for all the latest Watches & Jewellery news
Recent and related articles...
· A festival of fine timepieces: Salon QP returns with the best in luxury watches | 5 November 2010
Jaeger-LeCoultre, A Lange & Söhne and TAG Heuer are amongst the brands descending on London
Here's what happened when the best minds of watchmaking and aviation teamed up in the 1950s...
· Cartier and other great designers come to Christie's jewellery auction | 27 September 2010
A variety of gems from a diamond ring to necklace set with yellow sapphires go under the hammer
· Audemars Piguet & Vacheron Constantin star in $3.4m US watch auction | 17 September 2010
88% of lots sold at Antiquorum's auction of Important Modern and Vintage Timepieces
· Rare FP Journe wristwatch could clock-up $550,000 in New York | 27 May 2010
An outstanding selection of sought-after collector models highlight Patrizzi & Co's June 15 auction