A festival of fine timepieces: Salon QP returns with the best in luxury watches
Jaeger-LeCoultre, A Lange & Söhne and TAG Heuer are amongst the brands descending on London
Last year saw the first showing of the only luxury watchmaking fair in the UK: Salon QP. The event was a great success, bringing together an impressive range of the best brands to show watches and watchmaking of the highest calibre.
|Last year's Salon QP event|
For the serious enthusiasts, there were true horological pyrotechnics on show, such as a working Harry Winston Opus 3 (rarely seen off the wrist of Harry Winston CEO David Gouten) and de Bethune's Dream Watch.
Montblanc, Jaeger-LeCoultre and Vacheron Constantin all had watchmakers on hand demonstrating and explaining their work to an appreciative audience - another aim of the event was to give visitors an appreciation of the work and sheer craft skill that is invested in "haut de gamme" watches and the mastery of the craftsmen (and women) who make the watches.
All of the above brands are returning this year, with Cartier, Ralph Lauren and Maurice Lacroix just three of the other major brands which will be attending. Bonhams will also be bringing highlights from Arno Haslinger's Heuer collection, which are to be sold soon.
There is even a set of lectures incorporated into the show, including Stephanie Belmont of Jaeger-LeCoultre presenting the Extreme LAB-2 concept, John C Taylor on the origins of precision time and Alex Ghotbi on our favourite topic: collecting.
The event will take place from the 11th-13th November 2010 at number One Marylebone, London. Fine timepiece fans can't afford to miss it!
- Learn how you can get pleasure and profit by investing in fine timepieces
- Click here for all the latest Watches & Jewellery news
Recent and related articles...
· $110,500 IWC Grande Complication watch leads Christie's $12.8m Dubai sale | 2 November 2010
The exceptionally rare watch triumphed over offerings from Patek Philippe and Audemars Piguet
· Watch case 'influenced by art' appears at Antiquorum's Geneva auction | 1 November 2010
This 18th century Swiss pocket watch made for the Oriental markets is a unique highlight at the sale
· Boasting 174 diamonds, here's Piaget's 'World Record thin' wristwatch | 18 October 2010
Limited to 235 copies with a 2.35mm movement, the new Altiplano has to be seen to be believed...
· Patek Philippe smashes estimate at 'highest-ever total' Hong Kong watches sale | 14 October 2010
Dated to 2009, this Ref 5971P watch showed that new timepieces can also bring value at auction
· The Top Five... Fine timepiece complications | 6 October 2010
From sidereal time to mechanical memory, we look at some of the wonders of horology
Images: Salon QP