Historic diamond necklace and €150,000 earrings auction in Cannes
Tonight's sale by the French auction house, Kohn, has a wealth of antique and modern jewels
Two vintage jewellery pieces from the 19th and mid-20th centuries will feature in Kohn's sale of antique and modern jewels, this evening (August 3).
Among the sale's highlights is a pair of diamond and white gold earrings from 1960, boasting two main diamonds weighing 8.38 and 8.34 carats, and a total of 20.7 grams.
The earrings will appear in the sale estimated at €120,000-150,000.
Auctioning for half the price is an even older necklace, dated to circa 1860, replete with gold, silver and diamonds.
Weighing a total of 86.2 grams, this historic piece is a must-see for collectors and investors with an interest in unique diamond jewellery, and will appear in Kohn's auction with an estimate of €35,000-40,000.
The auction is taking place in Cannes, Paris.
- Learn how you can get pleasure and profit from investing in antique and modern fine jewellery
- Click here for all the latest Watches & Jewellery news
Join our readers in 186 countries around the world - sign up for your free weekly Collectibles Newsletter today
Recent and related articles...
The fine timepiece impressed alongside a fascinating pendant depicting King Rama V
· 'We could be climbing out of recession' says jewellery auctioneer | 14 July 2010
Gorringes' sale proved that jewellery is still one of the world's strongest investments, earlier this month
· Diamond values on the rise, as White Gold necklace brings $20,400 | 18 June 2010
Waddington's sale enjoyed success, after research says 2010's diamond values have risen 15%
Here's the story of how an ancient tomb excavation led to a jaw-dropping sale at Freeman's
· Hammerman Brothers' 1950s necklace is valued at $50,000| 11 June 2010
This rare 18 karat yellow gold sapphire and diamond necklace will sell at Freeman's on Monday