$10,000 E Mathey pocketwatch auctions online
Internet bidding is continuing to make the luxury watch markets more accessible than ever before...
RO Schmitt, an auction house located in Windham, New Hampshire, US, will host its Antique Watch, Marine Chronometer and Jewellery auction on April 24.
But collectors unable to make it over to Windham needn't worry: the sale will be held live online and features more than 300 lots of antique watches, marine chronometer and jewellery.
Among the predicted top lots is this E Mathey Swiss Minute Repeater With Slide.
The rare pocket watch is priced with a minimum bid of $4,000, and is estimated to sell for between $8,000-10,000.
Last month, Julien Schaerer, Watch Director and Auctioneer at Antiquorum USA talked exclusively to Paul Fraser Collectibles about how the internet is revolutionising the luxury watch markets for global collectors and investors.
Julien's interview, 'The internet has completely changed the way we do business,' can be read by following the link.
- More news on Watches & Jewellery
- Enjoy the read? Don't forget to sign up for your free newsletter with exclusive content
Top Five Related Articles...
· $386,000 skeletonised Patek Philippe leads Hong Kong sale | 6 April 2010
Sotheby's collectible watch auction will feature $4.5m worth of fine timepieces
· Expert guide to fine wristwatches of the world released | 11 March 2010
This book by Reyne Haines is unmissable for vintage timepiece collectors...
· £300,000 pendant leads Bonhams' first 2010 jewellery sale | 31 March 2010
Bonhams hopes to build on 2009 - a great year for jewellery collectors, despite the recession
· How to... Know your antique clock components | 31 March 2010
Clock expert Bob Frishman offers a quick guide on the inner workings of antique timepieces...
· Marlene Dietrich's magnificent jewels auction at Sotheby's | 30 March 2010
The collections of Patricia Kluge, Ann Getty and the estate of Nancy M Daly will also feature
Images: RO Schmitt