Vintage cars from the Ensor collection star at RM's Hershey sale
A 1902 Neustadt Perry and a very early 1903 Ford Model A are among the classic autos for sale
One of the highlights of this year's Hershey auction, organised by RM, will be the collection of Clyde Ensor, Sr, promising an extraordinary selection of motor cars from every era.
Ensor's tastes included such cars as a 1902 Neustadt Perry, a very early 1903 Ford Model A and a 1956 Ford with less than 2,100 original miles on the clock.
Mr Ensor started collecting cars in the mid-1960s, beginning with a Ford Model T, for which he had a great passion and would ultimately acquire 14 superb examples.
Like so many true enthusiasts, he particularly enjoyed the hunt - not just for the car itself but subsequently for the rare parts required to restore it to period-correct specification, just the way it had left the factory.
Mr Ensor eventually became a mainstay at the annual meet in Hershey, Pennsylvania, and never brought a car for judging unless he was absolutely convinced it could be an award winner.
Over 25 cars will be offered in Hershey from the Ensor Collection when the sale takes place on October 8 in Pennsylvania.
- Learn how you can get pleasure and profit by investing in classic and vintage automobiles
- Click here for all the latest Classic Cars news
Recent and related articles...
· Mecum follows its $1.25m Corvette L88 car sale with a 1962 classic | 28 August 2010
Following its successful $20m Monterey sale this month, Mecum is gearing up its Illinois extravaganza
· Extraordinary brass and classic era cars roll into RM's auction | 26 August 2010
This Stanley Steamer from 1909 will be among the historic Vintage Motor Cars of Hershey
· 'A dream of a car' - The 1960 Mercedes Benz 300 SL auctions in Salzburg | 23 August 2010
The same marque which famously took 1st and 2nd at the 1952 24 Hours of Le Mans is up for sale
· Vintage 1926 Model T Ford roadster appears in online cars sale | 21 August 2010
An impeccably preserved piece of Henry Ford's legacy is going under the hammer, on Sunday
· Ferrari and Jaguar compete once again at Classic & Vintage Cars sale | 13 August 2010
Brightwells auction next month has announced some of its lots, including these two exceptional classics...
· Seven days until RM Auctions' 'most significant ever' classic cars sale | 6 August 2010
The 1964 Shelby Cobra USRRC Roadster and Diana Dors's Roadster are among the highlights
Images: RM Auctions