Your chance to buy Elvis's Pink Cadillac at auction
One of the King of Rock 'n' Roll's classic automobiles is appearing for sale in London, next month
As we previously reported, an exceptional gold medallion worn onstage by Elvis Presley is auctioning at the Fame Bureau's We Will WOCU sale, on May 27 in London.
Elvis's Pink Cadillacs were among his most iconic possessions, and the singer purchased a large number of the cars when he first found fame.
This particular classic model dates to 1957, model VIN number 5762037142.
The four-door hard top sedan's current license plate reads "3 Elvis", and was owned by The King from new. It is being sold by a collector in the United States.
According to an included mechanics report, the car is in working order and runs smoothly. The interior and exterior chrome-ware is currently unattached, but the parts will be sold with the car.
This amazing Cadillac will rev onto the auction block with an estimate of £175,000-£200,000. Bids will open at £12,500.
There is also a Las Vegas menu signed by Elvis (along with Vernon and Dee Presley, Colonel Tom Parker and Charlie Hodge).
And if you're a collector on the lookout for exceptional John Lennon memorabilia, a couple of amazing pencil sketches executed by John Lennon during his first year at Liverpool Art School are also for sale.
- More news on Classic Cars and Memorabilia
- Enjoy the read? For more news on Elvis and John Lennon memorabilia, don't forget to sign up for our free newsletter with exclusive content
Top Five Related Articles...
· Elvis Presley's medallion will auction to collectors priced £1m | 18 May 2010
Gifted to the King in 1975, this exceptional memorabilia piece will sell alongside John Lennon memorabilia
· Jimi Hendrix's amazing memorabilia | 17 May 2010
As an exhibition opens for the legendary guitarist we look at our favourite Hendrix collectibles
· Someone got themselves a bargain... | 28 April 2010
If I was asked to list the greatest pieces of memorabilia in the world it would be something like this:
· Elvis's Graceland contract sells at auction | 26 April 2010
Signed by the King of Rock 'n' Roll... and his parents... this unique document could prove to be the bargain of the century
· Stairway to Heaven named best-ever rock song | 19 April 2010
The classic Led Zeppelin track beat off Queen and The Who to top a rock radio station's poll
Images: Fame Bureau