The times they are a-changin' for Bob Dylan's autograph at Sotheby's
Estimated at $200,000-300,000, one of the most important-ever lyric sheets is going up for sale
The times they are a-changin' for Bob Dylan collectibles... sort of.
The man sometimes known as Jack Frost is no stranger to selling thousands at auction, like his jacket, which brought £3,760, earlier this year.
But this item could sell for significantly more.
The piece in question is the original hand written lyric sheet to "The Times They Are A-Changin'", due to appear at auction in New York City.
Also bearing the signature "Bob Dylan", the 8 1/2 x 11 inches sheaf of lyrics will go under the hammer next week on December 10. Sotheby's expects it to sell for $200,000-300,000.
The tune originally appeared as the title track of Dylan's 1964 album, and played as the opening song for his concert the night after President John F Kennedy was assassinated.
If the sale is a success, it'll be great news for collectors. Other Bob Dylan lyrics - like his scribbled signature on the printed lyrics for On The Road Again from the seminal 1965 album Bringing it All Back Home - can be bought for just £1,950, and may prove to be great appreciating alternative investment in the future.
- Click here to view our Memorabilia and Autographs stock items for sale
- Learn how you can get pleasure & profit from rock 'n' roll collectibles
- Read all the latest Memorabilia and Autographs news
Recent and related articles...
· Jim Morrison's lyrics open The Doors at auction for $20,700 | 4 August 2010
Words penned by the legendary William Blake-inspired singer were a hit at Dreweatts' sale
· Fans can journey back to The Beatles' early days at memorabilia auction | 3 August 2010
Recording equipment and part of the stage from Liverpool's Cavern Club will be among the sale's lots
· Jimi Hendrix's Carnaby Street jacket can be yours for $12,500 | 31 July 2010
Here's your chance to invest in the coat worn by one of the greatest - and stylish - rock guitarists...
· Unseen 'last photographs' of John Lennon head to auction in the UK | 26 October 2010
Photos taken during the ex-Beatle's last ever interview in New York are being sold by a collector
While Bonhams auctions Lennon's $240,000 Abbey Road piano, this US sale could prove a bargain