Picasso to auction in New York priced $60,000
The art market's biggest selling artist will be one to watch in Swann's New York auction, later today
Swann's two-part sale of Old Masters through Modern Prints begins later today in New York, spread across a morning and afternoon session.
Among the sale's projected highlights is a colour linoleum cut from 1962 by Pablo Picasso.
L'Espagnole (pictured) measures 13 ¾ by 10 5/8 inches and is numbered 41 of 50, and bears the autograph of the 20th century master himself.
Described by Swann as "a superb, richly-inked impression with strong colours," the work will auction later today with an estimate of $40,000-60,000.
Swann's sale begins in New York at 10.30am. The Picasso will sell in the afternoon session which begins at 2.30pm.
Elsewhere, a work by "Picasso's Muse" Francoise Gilot is also available on the market and currently for sale to collectors and investors.
- More news on Art
- Enjoy the read? Don't forget to sign up for your free newsletter with exclusive content
Top Five Related Articles...
· Chagall art promises a £1.8m 'Revolution' at Bonhams | 22 April 2010
A rarely-seen painting by Marc Chagall, one of the foremost artists of the 20th century, will sell in June
· A letter signed by Catherine the Great (1729-1796) | 18 March 2010
Available to collectors, here is a letter dated 1792, signed by the Russian Empress...
· €30k Russian coin to go under the hammer | 18 February 2010
The 1893 rarity is expected to cause excitement in a Spanish auction
· Discover the Magic Art Investment Formula | 5 February 2010
· Introducing the asset that beat the Property Boom... | 3 February 2010
"Alternative Investments?" "Emotional Assets?" - The world of High-End Collectibles comes under many names, and can offer fabulous rewards. But you need to know what you are doing...