Exceptional 18th century carved ship priced £35,000
This amazing scale model of the French Navy vessel Frigate la Poursuivante auctions in two weeks
As we previously reported, a stunning 1:48 scale dockyard model of the 19th century Royal Navy Leviathan vessel is going under the hammer at Charles Miller Ltd on April 28.
And it won't be the only exceptional scale model in Charles Miller's sale.
Auctioning alongside an abundance of historic maritime and scientific models is a rare contemporary French dockyard model of the 40-gun French Navy vessel, Frigate la Poursuivante.
The scale representation of the circa 1794 battleship features individually cut and pinned copper sheathing, turned wooden guns and carronades on red-painted trucks, and ebonised quarter galleries.
The model is mounted on a modern plexi-glass base with an engraved brass plaque which tells more about the Frigate la Poursuivante.
Dated to 1794, the model measures 38 x 50 inches, and will auction with an estimate of £25,000-35,000.
- More news on Unique items and Memorabilia
- Enjoy the read? Don't forget to sign up for your free newsletter with exclusive content
Top Five Related Articles...
· HMS Leviathan heads to auction | 29 March 2010
A stunning 1:48 scale dockyard model is set to make waves on the auction block
· HMS Kelly's bell and Admiral Nelson's £14k ring star at Bonhams | 24 March 2010
The bell from the ship commanded by Lord Louis Mountbatten sold for £7.8k in London, today
· Lord Louis Mountbatten's ship bell for sale in London | 23 March 2010
Bonhams' sale also includes important Nelson memorabilia, and Sir Malcolm Campbell's trophy
· The World's most expensive Union Jack sells for £384k | 19 February 2010
With bullet holes and a faint smell of gunpowder, this Battle of Trafalgar flag is a record breaker
· Lord Nelson and the $633,600 Union Jack flag | 25 January 2010
It all began when Paul Fraser Collectibles received a press release about the flag on HMS Spartiate...
Image: Charles Miller