In the pink... purple-pink sapphire and diamond ring could shine at Leland Little
The auctioneer's Estate Auction offers many items of jewellery alongside antiques, art and wine
As we've reported, over 700 lots of fine art, antiques, estate jewelry, and fine wine will be offered at Leland Little Auction & Estate Sales Ltd's Spring Catalog Auction. Fine Wine will be sold Friday, March 18, at 6 p.m. Eastern Time, led by bottles of Chateau Lafite 2000.
Six hundred lots of art and antiques will be offered on Saturday, March 19, beginning at 9 a.m. The jewelry department at LLAES Ltd. continues to grow and has been entrusted to represent exceedingly fine estate jewelry and watches.
One of the most exciting lots of the sale is the important purplish pink sapphire and diamond ring (est. $40,000 to $60,000). The colour stone for this ring falls into the category of fewer than 1 per cent of colour stones worldwide.
The GIA Report describes the sapphire as purplish pink with no heating and having a geographic origin of Sri Lanka. The diamonds on this ring are described as "transparent near colourless." It will make an excellent investment.
Other lots of interest are a wide diamond band, Cartier (est. $2,500 to $4,500), a ladies diamond wristwatch, Bertolucci (est. $3,000 to $5,000), a diamond and sapphire ring (est. $2,500 to $3,500), a large natural fancy colour diamond ring pendant (est. $8,000 to $12,000), and a rare sterling and amethyst necklace by Fred Davis, Mexico (est. $1,000 to $1,500).
- Click here to view our jewellery stock for sale
- Learn how you can get pleasure and profit by investing in exceptional gems
- Read all the latest Watches & Jewellery news
Recent and related articles...
With demand for exceptional pink diamonds soaring, Christie's is offering another extraordinary gem
· $37,000 diamond solitaire ring is set to rule in Denmark, this week | 28 February 2011
An 8.90 carat diamond solitaire from 1950 is expected to star at Bruun Rasmussen's auction
· Family Froment‐Meurice's $250,000 jewellery ensemble sells in Hong Kong | 25 February 2011
Far Eastern coins, world coins, medals and banknotes will be auctioned by Baldwin's in the spring
· Fancy that... Why rare diamond jewellery is an investor's best friend | 23 February 2011
A $250,000 ring sits alongside some very affordable pieces - and could encourage long-term investors
· Stone the crows! Cartier $32,000 diamond ring could shine at Fellows | 21 February 2011
Diamonds look like a rock solid investment - and, in March, you can get involved