$17,000 emerald earrings could set passions aflame in Rome
Next week’s Bloomsbury Auctions event in Italy's capital includes these seven-carat earrings
Valentine's Day may have been and gone but we're still in the mood for romance here at Paul Fraser Collectibles.
Which is why this pair of emerald and diamond pendent earrings set for sale at Bloomsbury Auctions in Rome next week caught our eye.
The pear shaped emerald drops, estimated to weigh 7 carats, are set above a surround of brilliant cut diamonds. These are suspended by brilliant cut diamond six stone connections from brilliant cut diamond cluster tops of approximately 1.40 carats.
The 11.3g pieces look fantastic and are one of the highlights of the 167 lot auction taking place on Tuesday, February 22.
With an estimate of €10,500-13,000, these stunning items could be a perfect present for a loved one, a sound investment, or both.
Other pieces of note from the Jewellery, Watches and Silver auction include a 1980s Bulgari sapphire and diamond ring with a top estimate of $13,000 and a Bulgari emerald and diamond trombino ring from around 1990, which has an estimate of $15,000.
A number of high end watches from manufacturers such as Patek Philippe and Rolex will also be going under the hammer. The highlight being a gentleman's Rolex Padellone that has a high end estimate of €90,000.
- Click here to view our jewellery stock for sale
- Learn how you can get pleasure and profit by investing in jewellery
- Read all the latest Watches & Jewellery and Unique items news
Recent and related articles…
· Revealing Canada's most expensive diamond: the $2.8m Ekati Spirit | 18 February 2011
A 78-carat diamond found in northern Canada last year is now the country's most expensive diamond
· It'll be an honourable fight... Collectors bid for an antique Samurai suit | 17 February 2011
This striking battle garb could achieve $18,000 at I M Chait's California auction, next month
· 'Supergran's' handbag swings into auction - and it isn't the first | 17 February 2011
As a handbag used to halt a jewellery raid goes under the hammer, here are some other examples...
· $35,000 gold and diamond butterfly flutters over collectible US coins | 17 February 2011
The exquisite piece by Asprey & Co will star in Antique Helper's jewellery auction, this weekend
· Spectacular '$25,000' art deco ring should sparkle at Morphy Auctions | 16 February 2011
This 14 karat art deco ring will be among the highlights at next week's huge ring and bracelet sale
Image: Bloomsbury Auctions