Exceptional Chateau Yquem 1857 leads Edward Roberts' first 2011 wine sale
The company's fiftieth auction will also offer a range of Latour, Cheval Blanc and even vintage Port
Edward Roberts International's first fine wine auction for 2011 will be held at the Union League Club of Chicago on Sunday, February 13th. This year marks their tenth anniversary, and they've stated their intention to offer a particularly enticing range of notable wines throughout the year.
The February sale, which will be their 50th fine wine auction, will be on the smaller side as far as the number of lots offered.
However, there are some truly remarkable wines featured, including an exceedingly rare bottle of 1857 Chateau D'Yquem with impeccable provenance (reconditioned by the Chateau). This should make an excellent investment.
The desirable red Bordeaux includes bottles of 1924 Chateaux Latour and Margaux (reconditioned by the Chateau), 1929 Chateau Cheval Blanc, 1949 Chateau Gruaud-Larose, 1959 and 1961 Chateau Margaux; 1959 Chateau Talbot (en Magnum); and case lots of 1986 Chateau Pichon-Lalande, 1989 Chateau Leoville Las-Cases, 1990 Chateau Gruaud-Larose, and 2000 Chateaux Cheval Blanc and Pichon-Baron.
Classic California wines are well represented with verticals of Caymus and Caymus Special Selection; Robert Mondavi Reserve, Silver Oak, Far Niente and Opus One.
There is also a nice selection of vintage Port to ameliorate the winter chill, including six bottles of 1947 Taylor Special Quinta, and case lots of 1977 Croft, Dow and Warre; 1980 Grahams, 1983 Fonseca and Taylor; and 1985 Dow, Graham and Taylor. A rare bottle of 1945 Cossart Gordon 200th Anniversary Bual Madeira is also likely to prove tempting!"
Online absentee bidding for this auction will open later today.
- Click here to view our current stock for sale
- Learn how you can get pleasure and profit by investing in fine and rare wines
- Read all the latest Wine, Whisky and Spirits news
Recent and related articles...
· Chateau Petrus 1982 goes down well at Andrew Lloyd Webber's fine wine auction | 27 January 2011
The great $77,600 vintage was the top lot in the $5.6m sale, alongside Chateau Lafite
· Acker's first fine wine auction of 2011 achieves $10.8m in Hong Kong | 24 January 2011
The latest high-powered sale was led by $100,000 lot of 1985 Richebourg
· 'Home of British showjumping' Hickstead place to sell its wine cellar | 22 January 2011
Cases of Lafite, Mouton, Margaux, La Mission and Leoville Las Cases from 1982 are among the lots
· The wonderful fine wine collections of Professor Bipin Desai | 19 January 2011
Creator of the famous Bipin Tastings, the quantum physicist came late to the joys of great vintages
· Artcurial's sale offers wine with 'incredible power, depth and richness' | 16 January 2011
The Paris sale will also see an exceptional selection of DRC vintages going under the hammer
Images: Edward Roberts International