$60,000 Krug 1996 champagne set to sparkle at Acker Auctions
Acker Auctions' sale on April 21 has more than just fine wines to excite investors
Spring is here which must mean it's time for a touch of champers, and Acker Auctions' wine sale in New York on April 21 provides plenty of bottles to tempt connoisseurs.
For investors looking to gain a head start on the competition, what Acker calls "a true future legend in champagne" will feature at the sale. A 60-magnum lot of highly acclaimed, Krug 1996 will go to one lucky bidder.
The lot is estimated to sell for between $45,000 and $60,000 and is worth considering for those looking to balance their alternative investment portfolio with something that really gets up your nose.
Other lots of note include a number of Dom Perignon 1959s as well as a fine selection of large format Roederers.
The evening sale of course also features a fine array of vintage wines. Watch this space for more details.
- Click here to view our current stock for sale
- Learn how you can get pleasure and profit by investing in champagne
- Read all the latest Wine, Whisky and Spirits news
Recent and related articles...
· Scotch whisky exports to China spike 24% to $88m | 1 April 2011
China's growing passion for Scotch is good news for the UK's whisky producers
Christie's will be selling the impressive Bordeaux-dominated selection early next month
Following two records for wine set in recent days collectors' eyes will be fixed on the London sale
· Vintage Glenlivet whisky raises $24,000 for Japan disaster victims | 30 March 2011
A Generations Glenlivet whisky produced in 1940 surpassed its estimate at Bonhams' charity auction
· 70-year-old single malt set for Japan relief auction | 29 March 2011
A single malt Generations Glenlivet whisky is expected to provide a '$20,000' boost to Japan victims