Fellow’s auction offers a gleaming gold Oyster Perpetual Rolex timepiece
It will sell alongside an Oyster Perpetual Rolex Datejust and a fine watch from Omega
This week, Fellows is holding another of their Jewellery and Watches sales, with some great opportunities in particular for entry-level rare timepiece collectors.
One very notable example from Omega is a bi-metal rose gold and steel automatic gentleman's Aqua Terra bracelet watch.
The bronze tapestry dial has hourly applied rose coloured chevron markers, bordered by a minute track with Arabic divisions, date aperture positioned to three o'clock, rose gold bezel, tonneau-shaped case with a sapphire crystal inspection plate to rear, all fitted to a bi-metal link bracelet with a double folding clasp.
It is expected to bring £2,200-3,100 (up to $4,900) and could make an reasonable investment. The expected top lots are both Rolexes, however:
A bi-metal automatic Oyster Perpetual Datejust bracelet watch circa 2007 presents a silvered diamond dot Jubilee dial, with its inner bezel showing the serial number. The 18kt gold fluted bezel, tonneau-shaped case, is fitted to a bi-metal Jubilee bracelet with concealed clasp.
This is listed at £4,000-5,600 (up to $8,900). The highest estimated piece is an elder-cousin: an 18kt gold automatic gentleman's Oyster Perpetual bracelet watch circa 1993, the gold tone sunburst dial with hourly applied batons, tonneau-shaped case numbered X931817 and model 14208, fitted to an Oyster bracelet with folding clasp.
The gold Oyster Perpetual is expected to achieve £5,000-7,000 ($11,000) in Fellows' auction which takes place in Birmingham, UK and online on February 3. Those looking for a more high-end timepiece may wish to take a look at this truly unique example from Grieb & Benzinger.
- Click here to view our watches for sale
- Learn how you can get pleasure and profit by investing in fine timepieces
- Read all the latest Watches & Jewellery news
Recent and related articles...
· Salon International de la Haute Horlogerie celebrates fine watchmaking in Geneva | 15 January 2011
Now entering its third decade, the 21st event's exhibitors include Audemars Piguet, IWC and Piaget
· Dazzling 'James Bond' Rolex Submariner stars in vast jewellery auction | 11 January 2011
A watch identical to the Rolex worn by 007 and a rare diamond pendant are up for sale in Florida, US
· Christie's watch auctions clock up $91m 'highest ever' sales total in 2010 | 21 December 2010
The auction house can now claim to lead the fine watch markets in Europe, Asia and the Americas
· 'Would you like a fine Rolex watch to go with your $224,000 Aston Martin?' | 20 December 2010
This classic 1964 DB5 sold alongside a number of collectible wristwatches at H&H's Buxton sale
· Revealing the rare coin and watch collections of King Farouk | 9 June 2010
The Egyptian King had one of the greatest numismatic collections of all time, alongside many other rarities