$11,400 gold Lalanne necklet set to sparkle in Jewellery Quarter auction
An 18 carat torque necklet comes to Fellows in Birmingham, UK on June 2
An 18 carat gold Claude Lalanne torque necklet is among the standout lots at Fellows' auction in Birmingham's Jewellery Quarter on June 2.
Lalanne gave the piece to a Greek minister in the 1980s and it now appears at auction with a £7,000 high end estimate.
The majority of jewellery produced by Claude Lalanne was fashioned in bronze or copper, making this item particularly rare and attractive to investors.
The individuality and creativity of Lalanne pieces has maintained collectors' excitement in her work over the decades.
"We really are expecting a great deal of interest," commented Stephen Whittaker, Fellows' managing director.
The auction will also feature a 4.38 carat single stone diamond ring, which has a top side estimate of £18,000.
- Click here to view our jewellery stock for sale
- Learn how you can get pleasure and profit by investing in jewellery
- Read all the latest Watches & Jewellery news
Recent and related articles...
Bloomsbury Auctions is holding a fine jewellery sale in Italy which also features a ruby ring
· Pink diamond makes $10.9m at Sotheby's Swiss jewellery auction | 18 May 2011
A fancy intense pink diamond ring was among the stars in Geneva on Tuesday
· Fabergé bracelet expected to make $162,000 at Bonhams auction | 16 May 2011
A turn-of-the-century diamond bracelet will be among the leading lots in June
· Firestone Diamonds firm enjoys $1.4m auction as carat prices increase | 24 April 2011
Diamond mining and exploration company Firestone saw carat prices grow markedly at its recent auction
· $68,000 15th century gold ring doubles estimate at Bonhams auction | 21 April 2011
A gold ring found by a Leicestershire metal detectorist has far surpassed expectations in London