London auction offers 113-year-old 'last car of its kind' in Veteran Cars sale
These three vintage and coveted automobiles have been entered into the 2011 London-to-Brighton run
Paul Fraser Collectibles, Thursday 20 October 2011
Bonhams will be offering a number of superb cars in the Veteran Motorcar and Automobilia Sale on Friday November 4 at New Bond Street, London. The sale is launching the weekend of the historic London to Brighton Run, of which Bonhams is a partner Sponsor.
The London to Brighton Veteran Car Run was first held in 1896 and today is the world's longest-running motoring rally. The run, which had an amazing 500,000 spectators last year, takes place on Sunday 6th November, with the first (and oldest) cars leaving Hyde Park at sunrise.
Estimated to sell for £130,000 - 150,000, a remarkable 112yr old 1899 Panhard-Levassor Type M2F 6hp Wagonette will be offered by Bonhams.
The 1902 Deckert 8hp Two-seater Chassis no T145 Engine
The French firm was responsible for developing the Système Panhard, essentially the layout of the modern motorcar, and the Type M2F 6hp Wagonette is an excellent example of its type.
The car has been entered into the 2011 London to Brighton run so the lucky buyer will need their hats, scarves and gloves at the ready...
The oldest car in the sale is a 113yr old 1898 Fisson 8hp Twin-Cylinder Six-seat Wagonette that is estimated to sell for £150,000 - 170,000 and is also entered into the 2011 London to Brighton Run. This car is believed to be the only surviving Panhard-style Fisson.
The 1898 Fisson 8hp Twin-Cylinder Six-seat Wagonette,
The third car entered into the 2011 London to Brighton Run is a rare 1902 Deckert 8hp Two-seater that's estimated to sell for £50,000 - 55,000.
Those who complete the entire run from London to Brighton will be rewarded with a well deserved bowl of hearty chilli con carne and mulled wine provided by Bonhams.
Further highlights of the sale include:
* 1904 Talbot Type CT2K 9/11hp Twin-Cylinder Rear-Entrance Tonneau (est. £160,000 - 200,000)
* 1902 Renault 8hp Type G Two-Seater (est. £58,000 - 65,000)
* 1904 Pope-Tribune Model II 6hp Two-seater Runabout (est. £35,000 - 40,000)
* 1901 Sunbeam-Mabley Cycle Car (est. £35,000 - 40,000)
* 1898 Daley Quadricycle (est. £30,000 - 40,000).
Watch this space for more news on Veteran Motorcar and Automobilia Sale.
Recent and related articles
· Marilyn Monroe movie dresses set to dazzle memorabilia collectors | 6 October 2011
· Scorsese's George Harrison movie puts the Beatle's legacy in safe hands| 3 October 2011
· James Dean memorabilia - his legacy has never been stronger | 30 September 2011
Guides and analysis