Edward, Duke of Kent's Rolls-Royce rolls into Bonhams' sale
Two immaculate Rolls-Royces, one of them Royal, have been commissioned for sale by Harrods
A remarkable pair of Rolls-Royces commissioned in the livery of the world famous department store, Harrods, will be sold in Bonhams' Paris sale of Motor Cars at the Grand Palais on 5 February 2011.
One of the cars - a Rolls-Royce Phantom V Limousine 1963 - was the property of H.R.H. Edward, Duke of Kent, before being sold at public auction in 1996.
On acquisition it was comprehensively refurbished with Harrods Green paintwork and a dark green leather and cloth interior. This car has attracted a pre-sale estimate of €120,000 - 150,000.
Another car to have received a Harrods Green livery refurbishment is a Rolls-Royce Phantom V1 Limousine 1969, which has been estimated at €145,000 - 175,000.
- Read all the latest Classic Cars news
Recent and related articles...
· 'True 1980s Supercar' the Lamborghini Countach cruises to $117,382 |14 December 2010
A bona fide automotive icon, this left-hand 1984 Countach starred at Historics at Brooklands
· Leake's three-day classic car auction sees record figures in Dallas | 10 December 2010
The sale completed an extraordinary year for Leake and featured an impressive collection of cars
· Thunderbirds and Corvettes star at Mecum's 'Muscle Cars and More' sale | 7 December 2010
Mecum's Kansas sale featured the cream of American classic cars
· Elvis's powder blue Mercedes-Benz car sells at Bonhams for £80,700 | 6 December 2010
We've all seen the King's pink Cadillac - but how about his lesser-known love for Mercedes 600s?
· British Allard with touch of US engineering races into RM's cars auction| 3 December 2010
The 1952 Allard J2X Roadster, brainchild of the legendary Sydney Allard, is auctioning in Arizona