'One of just 1,800' Cadillac Eldorado classic cars auctions in Florida
Both rare and remarkable, this convertible from 1957 is among the automotive highlights at Mecum
A coveted classic automobile from 1957 is among the highlights in Mecum's upcoming cars sale in Kissimmee, Florida, US, on January 29.
A true 1950s icon, this 1957 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible boasts a 365 over 325 HP engine complimented by 2 x 4 carburetors.
In addition to its history, the car has been treated to a fresh restoration and is decorated with a colour combination that is "both rare and desirable" according to Mecum's lot notes.
In fact, rarity is another the car's attributes. Remarkably, this Eldorado is one of just 1,800 of its kind ever produced.
In the words of Mecum, the car's "stainless and brightwork has a fresh restored finish with no dents, crimps or pitting" and rides on its correct Cadillac Sabre-spoke wheels with whitewall tires.
Perhaps worthy of any showroom, this classic Eldorado convertible will appear with no reserve when it auctions at the end of January.
Recent and related articles...
· 'True 1980s Supercar' the Lamborghini Countach cruises to $117,382 |14 December 2010
A bona fide automotive icon, this left-hand 1984 Countach starred at Historics at Brooklands
· Leake's three-day classic car auction sees record figures in Dallas | 10 December 2010
The sale completed an extraordinary year for Leake and featured an impressive collection of cars
· Thunderbirds and Corvettes star at Mecum's 'Muscle Cars and More' sale | 7 December 2010
Mecum's Kansas sale featured the cream of American classic cars
· Elvis's powder blue Mercedes-Benz car sells at Bonhams for £80,700 | 6 December 2010
We've all seen the King's pink Cadillac - but how about his lesser-known love for Mercedes 600s?
· British Allard with touch of US engineering races into RM's cars auction| 3 December 2010
The 1952 Allard J2X Roadster, brainchild of the legendary Sydney Allard, is auctioning in Arizona