Video of the Week... The Frank M Robinson collection of pulps and books
Soon appearing at Adventure House, this sale is offering a great range of exciting and colourful works
|The Good, the Bad and the Sexy|
A truly great Pulp collection
In months to come, auctioneer Adventure House will be offering the Frank M Robinson Collection on their website.
Frank M Robinson is an author and editor who has worked for magazines such as Science Digest and Playboy. He's written a number of books including the thriller The Power, made into the movie of the same name.
More recently he's authored The Dark Beyond the Stars and Waiting... both science-fiction novels.
He is an avid collector in the world of Pulp and the book Pulp Culture, which he co-wrote with Lawrence Davidson, won the Pop Culture Book of the Year 1999 (Independent Publishers Association).
Robinson's collection includes nearly 10,000 pulps, digests, books and artwork all of which will be offered. The collection includes the highest grade run of Weird Tales, ever assembled.
Pulp can be big business. Hugh Joseph Ward's The Evil Flame, Spicy Mystery Stories pulp cover from 1936 sold at Heritage in the summer of 2010 for staggering $143,400.
- Click here to view our Art & Photography stock items for sale
- Learn how you can get pleasure and profit by investing in comic book and pulp art
- Read all the latest Art & Photography and Books & Manuscripts news
Recent and related articles...
· Blast from the past... Buck Rogers collection brings over $100,000 | 22 February 2011
Wayne Jagielski spent 40 years putting together his hoard of collectibles for the time-travelling hero
· Holy $23m World Record breaking year for collectible comics, Batman! | 6 January 2011
Heritage Auctions has posted year-end sales of $677m - and it's largely thanks to a caped crusader
· Alan Moore's 'greatest graphic novel' The Watchmen could bring $15,000 | 17 November 2010
Original artwork by David Gibbons from Moore's famous saga is going under the hammer at Heritage
· Stranger than fiction: weird and wonderful Pulp art auctions at Heritage | 17 August 2010
With online bidding now closed, there are still plenty of must-see lots in the US auction's saleroom
· Eye-popping classic pulp and fantasy art auctions at Heritage | 8 August 2010
With some lots estimated at $50,000, forgotten vintage sci-fi classic art is on sale this month
Images: Adventure House/Heritage