Your chance to own a unique celebrity work of art
A charity auction offers collectors the opportunity to help Darfur children and obtain a unique collectible
How do you fancy owning a unique artwork by a celebrity name?
An impressive number of famous faces have offered their own handiwork to the Drawn… To Darfur project.
Organised by the UK's Kids for Kids charity, it is hoped the auction of more than 100 works will help improve the lives of children in the war-torn Sudanese region.
Submissions have been received from the Pope, Prince Charles, actress Joanna Lumley, singer Cliff Richard and British prime minister David Cameron.
It is fair to say that the artistic abilities of those involved in the project are varied.
"Buying a picture by your favourite person could not only be a good investment but means you will also transform the life of a child," says the charity's founder, Patricia Parker.
The auction takes place in London on September 15.
- Click here to view our Art & Photography stock items for sale
- Learn how you can get pleasure and profit from art
- Read all the latest Art news
Recent and related articles...
· $22,500 flying dragons robe soars above expectations at Michaan's | 11 July 2011
The silk, Asian gown brought six times its listing, and starred alongside a fine diamond ring
· Steve Wynn 'delighted' to return $12.7m vases to Chinese culture | 9 July 2011
As part of the Casino impresario's expansion into China, Wynn is also flexing his collecting muscles
This amazing collection of pieces sparked bidding wars and broke records in London...
Gorringes' latest auction saw competetive bidders smash one estimate after another...
· Unique furniture and objects make up Sotheby's extravagant sale | 5 July 2011
With a piece for every person, these lots could make very good future investments
Image: Kids for Kids